Monday, November 21, 2005

The games that play us

My father's sore with me.
Note to reader: Yes.. he's my father now. I no longer regard him as my dad. You'll see why.
And he's decided to take revenge on me by boy-cotting all of us.

I stood up against him when he was in a ridiculous behaviour with my mom. I won't go into details because well... I just don't wish to. There are certain things I won't say. Suffice it to say that he was completely making a mountain out of dust and I was just so sick of it all.
So, I told him what I thought. And I think I was extremely tactful about it. Still, he's not happy that I did not support him. You see, in my family, whenever there's an argument between my mom and my father, we (the children) are always dragged into it. We're the referees. We're supposed to take sides. At least my dad tries to make us do so. He expected me to take his side just because we "made up", just because we've healed our relationship.
But I'm not that way. I tell it like how it is. If you're in the wrong and I don't like what you're doing, I'll tell it to you.
And so now, because of this he's abandoned us financially. He's already told my mom that he wants half of his rightful share of his assets and he's broken his promise to my brother, his promise to sponsor his university education.
I know what he's doing. He's hoping to make me feel guilty, make me feel like I caused all this. And that without him, we won't make it. In a way, I feel terrible, because my brother honestly doesn't deserve this.
What's worse is that we can't really retaliate because my father is one person who will bring you down with him. He'll make such a scene and dramatise everything that we might get deported back to Singapore to settle our family dispute and possible divorce.
In short, we've been screwed.

Honestly, you're so stupid. You think that we won't make it. I thought you would have grown enough brains to realise that we can survive without your bloody money. Have you learnt nothing in 2000? You're only giving me more fuel to fly harder and higher.
We will get our house and we will have our education. I will personally make sure of it, even if I have to work two jobs. You disgust me. You're not even worth my anger and disappointment. You have never been a father to us and you never will. Leave now and never come back. Don't you ever dare come back.
You think money is everything. I would have traded all your "travelling and plane tickets" for genuine love and sincerity in a heartbeat. You know nothing of love.

I am not alone in this fight. I have friends and family who love me unconditionally and who's going to support me all the way. I will start my education in February and you're not going to stop me.
Get lost you piece of trash.

No comments: