Tuesday, July 19, 2005

So it comes

My blog!

I have been so busy! I've got loads to update you..

Let's see... firstly, it's weird to have my Sabrina and my mom back in my life. It's like a worn-out jig-saw puzzle piece, it still fits but yet, the ends have eroded a bit. Sabbie has changed just a little bit, more slimmer and toned and she seems more confident in her self, like she's had her own time to discover herself a little bit.
And vice versa. We're both apraiaising each other, taking in the subtle changes and growth.

My mom? Well... she's pretty much the same as she was before, though she tends to be laying off me a bit. But I DO NOT miss her nagging. Hah. It's amazing how she can just talk all our ears off! She's also trying to be my new best friend; all affectionate at the airport when I first met her.

Anyway, we've had our funny moments, the three of us. One of them included a shopping fiasco in Junction 8; it got me and Sabbie laughing for two whole days at the memory!
My mom had dropped her handphone and and bent down (with her butt sticking up in the air) to retrieve it. What she did not realise was that it had slid right next to me, of course I had bent down to take it to hand it over to her. So you see the situation, there it was her "shapely" butt rammed up right in front of me and Sabbie's faces, my feeble attempt in calling her, and us bursting into laughter at the look of her face when she arose to look at us, with the handphone in my hand. I tell you... you should have seen it, puzzlement to understanding to embarrassing and amusement. This whole laughing episode earned a Sabbie a knock on her head, my mom hates being in an embarrassing situation and laughed at.
But that was funny though, we couldn't help it! *winks at Sabbie*

My brother seemed to have a renewed sense of vigour in disturbing me and making jokes, he was obviously thrilled at having them home again. We watched Madagascar together, cool movie with a few comical moments.
The whole week moved so fast, with me having so many things to do, meeting up with relatives (which were a bit awkward) and friends. I met Beckie and Shu! I wish I had more time though, and of course I had hoped to have that sleepover; but like I said it was a mad rush.

It was amazing how I managed to squeeze all my worldly possessions into one large suitcase, a hand-luggage and a small handbag.
But the one thing that bothered me a lot was leaving my gran and my brother behind. I have never seen my brother look so... sad. It was ehart-breaking, really. Knowing that I would no longer be around to take care of him; leaving him in the hands of my dad, which believe me is not reassuring at all. There are certain things I should not speak of though, but you might get the drift.

I should update you on what's in store for me in Sydney. It's official, I'm going to be working for about a year or so, until my family's financial situation comes together. Even then, I'm going to pay my way through University. Yes, I was actually a bit upset when my mom had that serious chat with me.
It's ironic how I'm going to turn 21, the turning point where people become "independent". Independent, that word has such a literal meaning for me. I guesss in the end, you can only count on yourself to get things done. Don't get me wrong, I'm not being bitter, maybe just a little irritated.
wants; why most of my friends do not have such financial worries of their own, at least not where education is concerned. I wonder if they take it for granted.

But ya know, I never dreamed that I would be at this point, really. But I'm not going to take it limp and lying down, I'm going to rage and storm against it if I have to. I will get my degree one way or another. I'm ready for whatever life is going to throw at me.

No comments: