Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Welcome to the Hornsby Shire!

Can you imagine that was the sign that greeted me when I was driven into Hornsby? And we even have a white "tree of kings" outside our house.. sad that it's starting to flower though.

Anyway, I'm finally here in Sydney and the first thing that blows me away, is the weather! It's so cold! I have to sleep with an electric blanket and a heater. The worse part is going to the bathroom in the mornings and sitting on a super cold toilet seat!
Jeez.
And my hair and my skin is so dry now... it's cracking. My mom is fussing over the state of them and dumping loads of moisturiser on me.

But I love it here, despite it all. The suburban scenery here is so breath-taking. The air seems so much more fresher, and the flowers are amazing really. I can literally imagine my future house with my rose and wild flower garden.
It's something so new and there's so much to learn. It's like a fresh new start, a new life with new beginnings. And even maybe a new love interest!
Haha.

My mom decided to sign me up for gym training, she's been lamenting about how out of shape I am. I don't blame her, I have put on a bit of flab. Anyway, we were in the sports centre and this really cute blond-haired trainer approached us and decided to help sign us up. My mom's trainer, Carly, wasn't around.
So we go into a room for my "assessment" where he begins by asking my name (my mom and Sabbie with me of course). For some insane reason, he kept changing my 'a's into 'e's... so my name was written as Serephine. It was so funny and annoying at the same time! I ended up spelling it for him like S-E-R-APPLE-P-H-I-N-APPLE.

We moved on to the next few questions where he asked about my current diet. He was pretty shocked when he told him that I usually ate burgers for "breakfast" because I wake up late and amused at my chocolate obssessions. Of course, my mom was a bit embarrassing when she gave her input about me not drinking water and drinking too much fizzy drinks. Gosh! It was so weird! Being interrogated by a cutie!

After that, he had to check my blood pressure so he asked me to remove my jacket. What he didn't know was that I was wearing a skimpy, dangerously low-cut thermal inside, so of course I cringed... I tell you! My mom ended up trying to roll up my sleeve. After that, he took my height (double-cringe!) and my weight. Jeez.
Just when I thought my nightmare was over, he asks me to come over with him to the gym equipment so that he could show me how to use them. Let me sum up by saying, half the time I was checking his erm... physique out. He has a really nice butt by the way. And he's quite shy too. Heh.
I think he was a bit amused at me... I was so silly and especially hopeless at the chin-ups machine and weight-lifts. Sigh. I have such weak arms. I remember having an accident in school in Secondary 1 during gym class, I was attempting a handstand and I could not on for 3 minutes. But it was not fair really, my other classmates only had to do 2 minutes. The gong-of-a instructor thought I was capable of more.

Anyway, I think (even Sabbie reckons so) he was flirting with me a little at the end of his little demonstration. He had a certain emphasis on asking him for help if I needed any and if I had questions for him.
I did. His name. Gosh, he seemed a little embarrassed realising that he had not introduced himself. He kinda turned a slight red, but I didn't mean to! We shook hands, and boy oh boy, talk about "electricity".
His name's Lee, whoops.

Gosh, I'm quite attracted to him. Physically. And he seems cute too. Hehehe. GOSH!! I can't believe I'm having a small little crush here, and frankly I'm really glad I am. I think I want and need a new "crush". I'm going to start my gym tomorrow morning... I hope he's there... hehehe. Talk about motivation to lose weight and exercise huh? *grins cheekily*
Life doesn't seem so bad now.

Heh! Till tomorrow then! Wish me luck.. I have to make sure I look good though... I'm a bit flabby... but nevermind! Let the flirting and eye-washing begin!

Goodnight!

P.S. The beef pies here are gorgeous!
P.P.S I'm picking up their "yea" slang! It's annoying..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*rolls eyes* You'll always be you...no matter what country you're in. Good luck with your gym thing. Aren't the personal instructors really pricey though? And everyone is friendly in Australia and of course they'd show interest if you're going to be paying their salary and commission!

Uryale said...

Don't be a wet blanket!
He's a part-timer by the way. And it isn't pricey because my mom has some benefits from the hospital...
*frowns*