Saturday, January 07, 2006

Good to be back

It's good to be back in Sydney. I missed it.

The flight was a little bad, so much of turbulence. And I couldn't get to watch my movies and play my games!!
What a disaster.
But other than that, things were quite good. I was kinda struggling with my suitcase, hand luggage and my laptop.. but people went all out to help me. Heh. I even had the young cute pilot help me lift my suitcase from the belt. Hehehe.
I appreciate it. I was hating myself for being so feminine and weak, but there are a few perks to it.

On a sombre note, my email account was de-activated. And all my precious emails that I had kept for the past two years... gone... just like that. And there's nothing I can do about it. God.. I was so upset. I should have saved them or something. Most of them were my comfort and inspiration.
Jeez. Not a very good start to a new year. I seem to be getting bad news over and over. I'm not so much of a superstitious person but this is not a good sign.

I have to get back to my routine. I missed my gym workouts.. I always felt healthier when I was here. I've put on 2 kg! Crap. I really have to work out and achieve my target before school starts. Oh by the way, everything is confirmed and settled. I managed to work something out with my godma (thank god for her really).

I'm nervous.
I'll be starting next month.
I have the pre-school jitters. I don't know if I'll be able to make any friends. I'm not so worried about fitting in. I'm secure in my own skin, I just dread being lonely in school. I don't make good friends easily. Sure I can always put on a facade and be all-friendly but they'll only know me on the outside.
I would really like to make new meaningful friendships, like the ones I have with Beckie and Shu. But I shouldn't really compare right? Those took a long time and a lot of effort. Besides, I have trust issues. The past few days have been hectic (So what else is new huh?) I've moved.. again. Only this time, it's in a different country. I've also been running around getting things for my school, filling up so many forms and other stuff. Honestly, just to get an exemption for one particular module, you have to go through so much trouble. I don't quite fancy the system here. It's slow, tedious and some of it unnecessary.

Oh goodness. What am I going to do about my school. I'm kinda freaking out in the quiet way. Jeez. We'll just have to see what happens. Oh, I've made some new year resolutions. One of them includes me putting my studies and work above everything else. I just don't think I'll have the time and the capacity for anything else.

I also can't wait to study! Heh. I know it sounds weird but I've always loved it. I love plunging myself so deep into it, reading and researching every single thing I can on that topic. I plan not to stop studying. Like, even while working, I hope to doing my Phd part-time or taking up a new degree or something. It'd be so cool if I have like 5 degrees!! Haha. I know.. it sounds mad, but I just would like it some day in the future. I would like to be my own boss, build up something on my own, maybe my own company. I've got a few ideas that I'm toying with, nothing concrete but it's a start right? Meanwhile, I'm trying to grab every business and financial book I can find. I'm already 21, I have to start now. I made a promise to myself. I will never let anybody make me feel helpless, whether it's financially or emotionally. I want to be untouchable in that department.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! School is fun, especially the learning of new things... I'm really happy for you babe... Hang in there and I know you'll do really well!

--Shules