Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Into Retro

I went out clubbing!

Heh.

I was invited to dinner and and partying later in the city last Saturday. You know how I had reservations about going earlier this year? Well.. I decided to go this time. Plus, I'm quite comfortable with my working colleagues.
The party was for Josh, a sort of farewell slash birthday thing. He's my manager, wait correction (the one who interviewed me) was my manager, he got transferred to another store. It's sad really, he's a brilliant, kind and caring manager. The best I've worked with so far.

So anyway, dinner at the BlackBird Cafe was quite a subdued affair, I guess everyone was quite nervous about going out for the first time. The dynamics of everything was pretty.. awkward I suppose.
It got better later on though. Everyone was pretty excited because this guy from the series Home And Away was dining right next to us. I didn't see what the big deal was, I don't watch the series, but yeah, he seemed quite smug about the attention he was getting. *shrugs*

And then the fun part! Retro, the music's a combination of old songs re-mixed with new beats! Pretty cool. I thing Shu would have loved it. And yes, they played quite a fair number of Michael Jackson's songs.. I have to admit seeing him all over in HUGE LCD screens kinda felt nostalgic. I remembered how crazy I used to be about him and his music. Interesting and sad, look at the way he is now.
I suppose that is what fame does to people.

There were a few complications though. Suki, an indian tempermental yet funny creature, didn't bring her ID! It was so silly of her. So*drumrolls* I concocted a plan for her! Hehe.
I decided that all of us should go in first, wait about 45 mins, and then I'd sneak out my id for her to use to get in. It worked brilliantly, I must say, even though she looks quite different from me. But yeah, I suppose we got a little lucky.
Heh. So we were in the club from 10am all the way till 2.30am - dancing non-stop! I had like two tequila's, Smirnoff's vodka and Baileys! It's not that much I know, but yeah I got a little high and dizzy. Maybe it's cos I've stayed away from it for too long. But yeah! It was fun.
I knew my limit so I stopped just in time. But I think this guy called Randy was flirting with me. He works in another outlet (where Josh is currently) and his brother, Rohan, (an extremely cute and funny individual) works with me in Hornsby. Too bad he didn't come though.
So yeah, afterwards Jenna (a fellow Macquarie 3rd year student and my supervisor - I love this gal, she's awesome) drove me home. That was nearly three I think.

Oh! But on the way -amidst Jenna's mad driving - Randy erm.. kinda embarrassed himself by asking Jenna to pull over so that he could.. pee! Gosh.. what a turn off! Heh. But at least I was nice enough not to tease him about it.

I expected my mom to either be staying up or having something to say about me coming back so late, but as I was creeping into my house - I realised that everyone was asleep!! Hmmph. So much for my James Bond, or should I say Jane Bond techniques!
I had quite a hangover the next morning.. but I think it was worth it.
I'm going out again on the 9th. Can't wait.

No comments: