Thursday, November 23, 2006

Just another survey

1. WHAT MADE YOU SMILE YESTERDAY? My lecturer, George Conway, made a comment about my presentation. In his words, I’m very organic and animated – and one of the best speakers he’s come across. I was literally beaming the whole day! But honestly, I thought I’d be nervous doing the whole speech thing, but it was such a rush! I actually made a few cards for me to refer to during the speech – but for some crazy reason, I just put it away during my speech and I just rambled! Which later on lead me to question certain things – I’ll tell ya later.

2. WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT 8 THIS MORNING? I was making breakfast for myself and my brother. Bacon, eggs, tomato and baked beans for myself and a roast beef and egg sandwich for him.

3. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 15 MINUTES AGO? Changing the layout of my blog. I like the new look! Do you?

4. SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN 1995? Alright year. I was primary five. I had two “best” friends – Lavanya and Cindy. They were one of the coolest people in my year. I was top in science for my class and damn pleased with myself. I was pretty much a goody-two shoes – never did anything wild. Loved by teachers. And at times hated by rebellious students. I had an obssession with five stones though. My ambition was to be a five stone champion heh. I think there were 35 levels? I can’t remember them!

5. LAST THING YOU SAID ALOUD? “Oh poop…”

6. HOW MANY DIFFERENT THINGS DID YOU DRINK TODAY? There was no milk to go with my eggs. So I had drank the next best thing “Vitamilk” – it’s this really sweet soy milk from I think Thailand? It comes in glass bottles. I bought a six pack for $2.60. How cool is that? A glass of water (I have to drink more!) and honey water (I love love love this).

7. WHERE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND(s) RIGHT NOW? Perth, Singapore.

8. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR TOOTHBRUSH? The handle is white and dark green. The bristles are light blue.

9. WHAT IS OUT YOUR BACK DOOR? Erm.. a shoe rack and a clothes hanger and one solitary chair. LOL. We’re still looking for a nice, comfortable patio. Oh and a barbecue piece.

10. LAST THING YOU BOUGHT? A beef with tomato chutney pie from Pie Face, this new outlet in Westfield. Yum Yum.

11. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? A jewellery set with small diamonds from Prouds Jewellers.

12. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR FRONT DOOR? White. It’s wooden.

13. WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR CHANGE? Sometimes in my jean pockets. But I usually transfer to my table – there’s this special compartment for coins. I especially the “gold” coins. Hehe.

14. WHATS THE WEATHER LIKE TODAY? HOT HOT HOT! SO much for the coldest spring in ages eh?

15. BEST ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate! There’s no better flavour! Wendy’s wicked chocolate is good. The one from Gelatissimo is not too bad either, plus it’s fat free. But yeah, the best ice creams aren’ fat free so live a little!

16. SOMETHING YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT? I can’t wait for a christmas party that my work colleagues are throwing.. They’re a fun group I tell you. I really can’t wait. It’s on the 16th of Decemeber. For once I’m really in the Christmas mood. There’ll be good food, heh cute guys too! We’re going to play games! I love games!

17. LAST RAINBOW YOU SAW? Can’t remember. It’s been a long time.

18. WHAT SIZE SHOE DO YOU WEAR? Australian size 6 , Singapore size I think it’s a size bigger… I kinda have trouble finding shoes my size cos my feet are small.

19. DO YOU HAVE ANY SISTERS? Just one. But I’ve also found my soul-sister! Does she count?

20. ARE YOU VERY RANDOM? Sometimes.

21. DO YOU WANT TO CUT YOUR HAIR? No I just got it cut! It cost me $160. Phew. But it was worth it. I had streaks of reddish purple for my whole head done, treatment, cut and blow dry. It’s not too bad. It was from John Brennan.

22. ARE YOU OVER THE AGE OF 22? Yeah I am. I don’t feel 22 though. What’s 22 supposed to feel like anyway?

23. DO YOU TALK ALOT? Depends on the person I’m with. Sometimes I ramble a lot. Sometimes I listen. Mostly I listen.

24. DO YOU WATCH THE OC? I used to for Season 1 and then Season 2 wasn’t so great. I’ve stopped watching. I’m pretty annoyed they killed off Marissa Cooper. They’re not going to make it.

25. WHAT DAY DOES YOUR SCHOOL END THIS YEAR? Oh shoosh and go away. My summer school’s just begun.

26. DOES YOUR SCREEN NAME HAVE AN ''X ''IN IT? Pixie. Yeah!

27. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE CALLED STEVE? Yeah, Beckie’s brother. Handsome dude, pretty quiet. I don’t know him that well. I think the most I’ve ever said to him was a “hi”.

28. DO YOU MAKE UP YOUR OWN WORDS? Yeah. My favourite is Shooshkebab. Cool eh?

29. ARE YOU TICKLISH? Oh yeah, very. *whispers* Don’t tell anyone.

30. ARE YOU TYPICALLY A JEALOUS PERSON? Hehe. Unfortunately, very jealous. I try not to be, but it’s just natural for me.

Next Up: Instructions
Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 18.
Find the 13th sentence and 14th sentence.
Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

Result:
I thought at that time that I couldn’t be horrified anymore, or wounded. I suppose that it’s a common conceit, that you’ve already been so damaged that damage itself, in its totality, makes you safe.




Wow. The last one was cool.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vitamilk!! I love it! I usually buy the whole carton from the Chinese supermarket in my neighbourhood and it's like 24 bottles for $43.20...Unless the guy is there...he sells it to me for $36 cause once I was with David and I happened to say to David, "what's wrong with you?" in Cantonese (the same way his mum says it). And then, the guy was like super shocked and asked if I really could speak Cantonese and I'm er...no only a few phrases. Then we were chatting about where we were from and all...and then he said he'll give me the discount...haha. There is another lady at another chinese provision shop near school that David talked to in Cantonese and now I get a 10% discount on Hello Panda/Glico Pokki/Chilli Tapioca there. hahaha. Now I'm trying to learn Cantonese...god knows what other discounts I could get!!

Girl said...

Heya!! I really like your new picture... the more I look at it the more I like it :) You look not just happy but at peace too (needless to say very pretty!)

Just wanted to drop by and say hi!
And tell you that your clubbing experience sounds like a lot of fun!!! I really miss dancing... we should do it sometime! Oh oh! What does "organic" mean?? (In reference to what your lecturer said to you). I hear it a lot but I have no clue what it means!

Uryale said...

Ahaha! That's so cool, you getting discounts just because you can speak Cantonese.. wait a moment.. I didn't know you could speak a few phrases!!
Usually Asian people are so much more accomodating and friendly.. well at least some of them. Them and people from Fiji!
I love Vitamilk.. especially when it's really cold... MMmmmmm...


Awww... Thanks Shu!! I really like this pic.. It's one of the rare few in which I think I look reasonable!
I was laughing away when Sabbie took it so I suppose it's quite natural.. maybe I freeze up when people take pics of me?

George (my lecturer) thinks I'm very "pure", honest and human. Heh. He's made me question a few things about what I should really be doing... I think eventually I wanna teach, maybe even gifted students.. it can't be coincidence.. there's just too many signs. I'm not sure if I'm up to the job - I mean private tuition is one other thing completely - but I think I'd find a lot of personal satisfaction in it.

Beckie.. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

I don't know...Teaching seems like a lot of work. You've got to know your students so well and be able to cater for them individually...And you'll have at least 20 of them, no matter what country you go to. I mena if you look at our teachers, most of them are memorable but not because of what they taught but because of the people they were to us...they were role models and all that.

I'm sure you'd be able to stand on their pedestals but for how long you know?

Girl said...

Ooh yes Pocky... a must have for exam time! My staple is chocolate chip cookies and mint biscuits... and the occasional jar of nutella!!! *flings arms out* Come fat!!! COME TO ME!!!