Thursday, September 22, 2005

Pillows, Screws and Bumps

I've got a new fat pillow! And a new bed too!

Yesterday, my mom and I went shopping. We had to buy extra beds and furniture for my brother and dad; they'll be here this Saturday. Plus, Sabbie's bed was broken and we had to get a new one. So we ordered a couple from Fantastic. Really, they've got good bargains!
Dismantling the old bed was a problem though. We had no tools! All we had was this L-shaped bar to help in the unscrewing. My mom, being my mom, was completely useless! She and "hands-on" do not go. She wanted to either call some guys to help us with the bed or wait for my dad and brother to come and help us. Honestly.

Maybe it was my female pride or ego, but I rather thought that I could do this without any male's help.
So, it took me about 45 minutes to deal with the damn bed. The result; a sense of achievement and really sore fingers and arms. I don't mind it though, at least now I know that when I get my own house, I wouldn't be completely helpless. I don't need a man around. Heh.

After that, we went to buy pillows! It was quite comical really, me carrying five huge fat pillows home. It was like carrying a white fat elephant (minus the weight) around. And knowing how silly and clumsy I am, I bumped my poor head on the metal door. I saw white light! Was quite dizzy and dazed for a while; and I have a bump on my head now. :(

I've having mixed feelings about them coming. I don't know how things are going to turn out, we're not the typical happy family, in fact we're hardly that. But I do miss my brother. It'd be great if he's here.

Oh well. We'll see what happens.
I know this is quite a short post.. but my fingers are quite numb.. till next time.

No comments: