Thursday, September 01, 2005

Oh please... will you wake up?

Oh jeez... seriously.

I'm so sick of you telling me that you know me very well, you're my mother, of course you do.
Maybe you say it so many times to convince yourself, perhaps?

Let me tell you straight, you don't know me. Period. Don't even pretend that you do. Don't even act like you do.

What makes you think I share myself with you in the first place? Our relationship now is merely that of "peaceful co-existence". It's the ability to not rock the boat, mainly because you're too stubborn and proud to either acknowledge you're mistaken, or you don't know better. You refuse to budge or compromise.

*flashback*

V: It's pronounced as lingerie (think "linger" and "ry" as in angry)
-stunned silence-
Me: No, that's not right. It's lingerie (I'm assuming you know the correct pronunication)
V: What rubbish.
-hears Sabbie's laughter in the background-
Me: Mom, it's french so you don't pronounce it like that. Its etymology is from middle french
Sabbie: Sera's right.
V: Nonsense, I'm correct.

*end of flashback*

Dumbledore's right. People find it easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
It's hard to have any kind of relationship with someone who keeps viewing you as a competition.

You don't know me.

Just because you know my mannerisms and habitual phrases and exclamations, does not mean that you know me well.
But then again, anyone who's lived in the same roof as me, would have figured that easily.
You're scratching at the surface, but you have no idea what's inside.

So will you just stop it?

No comments: