Sunday, June 29, 2008

Looking inwards


I've been thinking about Macquarie's writing competition and I want desperately to write about something, something that burns - but I'm stumped.
I don't know what's important to me - I don't know what matters to me.
I don't know what's in my heart - I don't know if it's worth reading.

And I shudder to think that academics and great scholars will be joining this competition - no doubt they'd have some great spiel written, they'll produce great works of art. And I'll probably drown amidst the great sea of brilliance.
I am after all really really small.

It's not about winning though - okay not entirely. You know me. I love competitions. I can't quite resist.
I just feel I need to release some part of me - buried so deep.
There's at least one song within in each of us - I've just forgotten all of mine.

Someone please remind me.. what is mine? What is me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem pretty passionate about the importance of knowing (everything or anything or even just yourself)...why not write about that?