Saturday, June 04, 2005

Counting Down the Days..

One more month.

My mom and my sis will be here on June 2. I can't wait, because they'll be leaving on the 15th and I'll be going with them. Finally. My dad's booked the tickets already.

But things are not as easy as it seems. My mom's in a bit of a financial situation now. She's got a house over there and furnishing it has been quite a killer (She can't pay by credit, all cash only). Plus, we still haven't managed to sell the house (in singapore) at the price we want. So, there are plans to renovate the toilets to make it more attractive.
Anyway, my mom was talking to me the other day, and she might have to postpone me and my brother's university education for the time being. Apparently, even if she has a PR, me and my brother would still have to pay international fees (because we're above 18) and that's going to be a killer.
I can't blame her or be angry, I can't help it if my parents are just the middle-class income group, not the richie rich sort. Yet why do I feel like crap now?

So unless, God decides to somehow grant us a miracle like striking the lottery or something, and helping us find a loophole for my education, chances of me working for a while are quite high now.

I don't know.. I'm disappointed but yet I feel nothing. Numb somehow. Maybe I'm going through a transition or a purgatory where once you feel too much, you can't really feel anymore.

Why is it good news must always come with bad ones?

I hope to meet all my friends before I leave. Don (my ex) is on the list too, it's going to be interesting this one.

I guess for now, I'm looking forward to seeing my sis, hanging out and then leaving S'pore. But leaving for what... I don't know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

he hasnt booked it yet!!!! i dunno wats going on cos he said he'ld call mummy back on friday to tell her if he got da tickets but he hasnt called...we mite hafta change da date then..

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... why only Don and no Morgan?

Shules

Anonymous said...

You know, you might want to email someone from your school (like the people in-charge of overseas students) about your situation. If you've been accepted, you can ask them about what kinda of financial options they may have (loans or scholarships maybe). I know Murdoch has a few for international students. What uni did you apply to anyway?

How come you don't qualify to be a dependent on your mum's PR? Is it just a over 18 thing?

BTW, shuli, you can click "Other" in the "Choose an identity" bit under the comments and just put your name without a web page. Unless you like being all mysterious and anonymous until the very end when you sign off as yourself.

Uryale said...

No.. he told me yesterday that the tickets all booked and it's confirmed already. Don't worry.

I'm in contact with only Don. Morgan... hmm... he didn't want to be.

Yeah.. since I'm over 18, I'm supposed to be independent. There are a few loopholes though, I must prove to them there I am really financially dependent on my mom. That's going to be a bit tricky.
I applied to Macquirie and UTS.
My mom said she'll check it out for me.... sigh.

Uryale said...

Well... whatever it is, I must give them a reply by June 15...

I'll keep you guys informed of what's happening.