Saturday, December 03, 2005

Women of questionable morals?

Okay updates. I'm working.
By the way, I'm grumpy and I think I have every right to be so don't expect much. If you don't like reading this, fuck, it's your problem.

I never thought I would actually do such a thing. I'm not a person who believes everything should be tried once. I think Beckie once said something like, you shoudl try everything three times. Once to get over the fear of it. Two, to learn to do it properly and effectively. Three, to figure out if you like it or not.
I think the general idea is a good motto, but it doesn't necessarily apply for everything.
There are still certain things I would never do, even if I'm dying on the streets or something.

Yet, I have stepped over my supposed "limits". I may be rebellious at times, but not in this way. I'm not the kind of person who's going to do drugs or pierce myself or tattoo or go late night clubbing or booze for a month non-stop without a second thought or care in the world.
I choose to escape in the different ways though.
I'm doing this for the money. I can't think of any other way. Wait, actually I can. There are other jobs but it will take a lot of time and I'm quite impatient in this matter.
(So don't look down on me or expect me to do something else or sprout some nonsense.
You've got it easy in that department. What the hell would you know about it?
Yeah I can be a bitch sometimes, deal with it. I thought I told you that I'm more than just nice. Or are you just so plain daft that you can't comprehend such a small fact?)

I don't consider myself to have lost any respect. I'm dressed decently and treated reasonably well. I don't think it's a compromising job. It's not bad really and I expect to earn about $5k by February. I promised myself that if I was ever in a situation where my dignity is severely questioned, then I would walk away.
I seemed to have clicked well with my male colleagues, some of them go out of their way to protect or watch over me. Maybe fate has decided to cut me some slack. Or maybe I shouldn't say anything yet, I tend to get bitch-slapped often enough as it is.

It's a tiring job. Your feet really really hurt. And considering that I have no experience whatsoever, it's a bit hardrer on me. But I hate what I see. Really. It shook me up badly the first few days, to see what bitches and bastards people really are, or can be. Actually, correction, I know what bastards and bitches people can be, but I guess seeing people screwing around in the toilets just does things to you.
I'm trying to keep things in the positive kinda way for me. I'd rather see the world for what it really is, rather than dwell in fairyland for the rest of my life. Of course, not all pubs are of a disgusting nature, but I can now understand why parents wouldn't want their children to go clubbing. Hell, I wouldn't want my sister to enter such a pub.

I don't know if I'm ever going to trust a guy, especially one who frequents clubs.

Anyway, I'm doing quite well. My manager (Bob) seems to like me. It's a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at it. You just have to ignore this rather "affectionate side" and spontaneous side hugs that he tends to reserve only for me.
Surprisingly I've adjusted well to the sleeping pattern. I work from either 7pm or 8pm to 4am or 5am or even 6am. I've got a transport to send me to my doorstep, which I unfortunately share with Bob. Actually, he's not bad. He's nice to me. I just don't want any complications.
I'm not too worried about my mom finding out, which is weird. I don't think I should explain myself. Besides, I'm an adult now. It's my decision, my life. If I'm taking on real responsiblities, you jolly well should let me have my own reins.

Today I saw an old classmate. She was out with another guy (kissing), cheating on her boyfriend. I'm just so disappointed.
I mean, I know I'm not supposed to be affected by all this, it's her business not mine. But I really can't help it. She's got almost everything. Looks, great family, friends, wealth, at least most of the essentials in the material world. I know I'm not supposed to judge on something I barely know about.... oh jeez. I don't know.
I wish it didn't bug me.

No comments: